We believe it is our responsibility to make choices that will have a positive impact on our planet and those who share it with us.
To make anything of real worth takes time and consideration. At Arc Lore we are selective in choosing goods that align with the following:
- Does this product benefit people's lives?
- Does the production process honour the craftsman?
- Are the materials sourced in a way that is good for the land and those who manage it and source it?
The answer for ARC towels is an emphatic yes. They are made from organic cotton and dyes as certified by Global Organic Textile Standard ("GOTS"), the highest internationally recognised standard on the production of cotton. GOTS has strict criteria to assess the environmental and social impacts of cotton farming and production, they include some of the following:
- Employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour must not be used
- Fair Living wages
- All chemical inputs (e.g. dyes, auxiliaries and process chemicals) must be evaluated and meet basic requirements on toxicity and biodegradability/eliminability.
- Wet processing units must keep records of water consumption, energy usage and waste water treatment.
- Prohibition of critical inputs such as toxic heavy metals, formaldehyde, aromatic solvents and genetically modified organisms (GMO) often used in pesticides.
Explore our collection, let's start with the Mydo towel